422 improvements is your location to find information on improvements being made along the US 422 Corridor.
Trooper Road Interchange Remedies
This $16.8 million interchange improvement is part of the U.S. 422 Schuylkill River Crossing Complex of projects that are designed to improve travel along Route 422. Interchange construction is scheduled to finish in fall 2015.
Under this project, PennDOT’s contractor will build an off-ramp from eastbound Route 422 to Route 363 (Trooper Road) and an on-ramp from Route 363 (Trooper Road) to westbound Route 422. The two additional ramps will complete the interchange, allow drivers to make moves in all directions when traveling between the state highways, and relieve congestion.
Crews also will realign the existing Route 363 (Trooper Road) on-ramp to Route 422 east; build a retaining wall and sound wall along the new eastbound Route 422 off-ramp; repair the existing Route 422 west off-ramp to Route 363 (Trooper Road); build a retaining wall along the new on-ramp to Route 422 west; widen Route 363 (Trooper Road) through the Audubon Road intersection; rehabilitate the Route 363 (Trooper Road) bridge over Route 422; widen Audubon Road to include an additional turn and merge lane from Route 363 (Trooper Road); build a sidewalk on Route 363 (Trooper Road); and install new traffic signals and curb ramps.
Pottstown Area Improvements – Section M1A
PennDOT began construction in 2012 to replace the structurally deficient U.S. Route 422 bridge over the Schuylkill River that is located between the Armand Hammer Boulevard and Route 724 interchanges in western Montgomery County.
The $73.3 million project also will reconstruct 1.6 miles of the Route 422 from the Schuylkill River Bridge east to the overpass at Porter Road. Included in the reconstruction is the replacement of two bridges over Norfolk Southern Railroad lines located within the work zone. The eastbound on-ramp from Route 724, also will be rebuilt and improved, and the Armand Hammer Boulevard Interchange will be reconstructed, starting with replacement of the boulevard’s bridge over the Bypass.
- PennDOT to Invest $36 Million to Replace Route 422 Bridge over Schuylkill River near Pottstown
- PennDOT Public Meeting on Replacement of Schuylkill River Bridge Nov 13th
- U.S. 422 Overnight Restrictions at Route 363
- PennDOT to Resurface U.S. 422 West in Montgomery County on Saturday
- Overnight travel restrictions on U.S. Route 422 at Trooper Road
- Trooper Road Interchange Construction Video Update
- 422 Eastbound On- and Off-Ramp Closure at Armand Hammer Blvd.
- U.S. 422 West Off-Ramp to Route 363 (Trooper Road) in Montgomery County to Close One Weekend for Reconstruction
- PennDOT to Open New Armand Hammer Boulevard Bridge over U.S. Route 422
- Pottstown Area Summer Construction Update
Sign up to be alerted of any new construction projects on US 422, detour routes, status updates of on-going projects, and any transportation developments along the corridor.